...is a GREAT movie! Really!
I sat on the edge of my seat as I watched giant robots kick the crap out of each other. What a ride!!
The special effects BLEW me away. Everything looked real.
Real big. Real fast. Real loud.
As we left the theater, my kids got into the truck and said, "Wouldn't it be cool if your truck was a Transformer?"
Transformers appear as ordinary vehicles, planes, helicopters. But when duty calls, they twist, turn, cavort, and unravel into militaristic machines capable of unleashing havoc.
Leadership calls on us to transform. It requires us to change and maneuver within an organization in order to unleash it's potential for success.
Consider the following ways leaders must transform themselves and their organizations:
1. Those who lead must transform from a follower into a person worth following.
2. Those who lead must transform an idea into a plan into an action.
3. Those who lead must transform from doing the job themselves into doing the job through others.
4. Those who lead must transform potential leaders into engaged leaders.
5. Those who lead must transform a group of individuals into a team of partners.
6. Those who lead must transform a failure into a lesson learned that moves a person or organization toward success in the future.
7. Those who lead must transform the culture to reflect the mission, purpose, and values of the organization.
Can you think of some more?
Leadership is necessary because people and organizations are always needing to change and grow in order to remain relevant and successful.
The need to change surprises some people. At the beginning of the movie, nobody expects a car or truck or plane to transform into a big, scary robot.
People are often surprised when a leader pushes them, or a system, or a process, or an organization to move towards change. But transformation is necessary for survival.
In the theme song for the Transformers, the first line says, "Transformers! More than meets the eye!"
People can't always see the value of a certain change. That's why we need leaders who will show people why the transformations they are going through are important. And not only important...but necessary to get to the next level.
Leaders who will get people to buy in.
Leaders who will get people to jump on board.
Leaders who will get people involved.
Leaders who will get people to own the transformation themselves.
Inspired to be a transformer? Watch the preview for the movie!
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT: What is an area that needs to be transformed through your leadership?
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT: Who is your favorite transformer robot?
: : : :
Developing Lifelong Leaders One Student At A Time